[Biopython-dev] Martel NCBI blastn format

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Fri Apr 2 11:07:52 EST 2004

Hi Heiko;

> The parser expression for blastn defined in Bio.expressions.blast.ncbiblast.py
> is broken for version BLASTN 2.2.8 [Jan-05-2004] (and even for the older
> BLASTN 2.2.6 [Apr-09-2003]).
> In the output is an additional 'hsp_info' section, which was not defined in the
> blastn expression. This could be patched in one line.

Thanks. Patch applied to CVS. I appreciate you looking at the Martel
formats for blast -- these are not heavily integrated into Biopython
yet (the Bio.Blast parsers do not use them) so they don't get as
much checking as they need. If you find any other problems or have
any suggestions, please do let us know.

Thanks again.
Brad