[Biopython-dev] maintenance release

Jeffrey Chang jchang at jeffchang.com
Mon Sep 15 18:33:03 EDT 2003

Yuck, this was broken.

Previously, the dtd installation was hacked in by modifying the
Distutils "install" command.  This only gets called from unix, so
nothing was happening for bdist_wininst.  The dtds were not getting
installed.

I've gone back and reworked the dtd installation so that the dtd
filenames are passed into the Distutils.setup function as a data file.
However, the directory layout for python packages in windows and unix
are different.  I took a best guess at how to do this for windows based
on what I've seen documented on the web.

Michiel, do you mind checking this again and seeing whether it works on
windows?  Specifically, I need to know 1) whether the ".dtd" files are
getting installed, 2) whether they are installed in the right place,
and 3) where they are installed if they are in the wrong place.

Thanks,
Jeff