[Biopython-dev] Python GO database interface development

Jay Hesselberth jhessel at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 1 13:35:57 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is any ongoing development of a Python based
interface to the GO (Gene Ontology) database.  I'm in need of one, and
don't particularly want to reinvent the wheel for this.

If not, I was thinking of basing my code off of the Perl API with only
some of the core functionality, e.g. an interface to a local database and
perhaps an interface to AMIGO, though I'm not sure I'll be needing that.

Does anyone have experience with the Perl API?  Are there features that
are lacking / could be improved in a newer, Python based interface?

Jay

Jay Hesselberth                     jhessel at u.washington.edu

University of Washington
Department of Genome Sciences
Health Sciences Building K-222 / Box 357730
Seattle, WA 98195