[Biopython-dev] Wrong comment, perhaps?

Ying Li cyli at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 22 17:24:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother everyone over such a minor technicality, but in the
docs and comments in Bio.Blast.Record.Blast, in the class
DatabaseReport, it says that the attribute num_sequences_in_database is
the number of sequences in the database, which is an int.

However:

Python 2.3.2 (#2, Oct  6 2003, 08:02:06)
[GCC 3.3.2 20030908 (Debian prerelease)] on linux2
>>> from Bio.Blast.NCBIStandalone import BlastParser
>>> rec = BlastParser().parse(open("blastOutput01.txt"))
>>> rec.num_sequences_in_database
[1]

Just wondering if the docs are wrong and it's really supposed to be a
list (since the database names is also a list) or if the code is wrong
and it's supposed to just be a number.

(this is not the CVS version, but the tarballed release 1.23 for linux)

Thanks!
-Ying