[Biopython-dev] fiddling with the biopython URL

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Thu May 22 02:22:32 EDT 2003

[docs and files directories]
> Ah, yes, that's right.  I had forgotten about those and didn't handle
> them in my Apache rules.  However, those directories magically work.
> Now I see that they're handled by quixotic.  I need to spend some time
> trying to figure out how that works.

It's pretty easy to add static directories using Quixote. The
documentation for it is at:

http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/doc/static-files.html

and in the website the code is in BioWebsite/__init__.py:

docs = StaticDirectory("/home/websites/biopython.org/docs")
files = StaticDirectory("/home/websites/biopython.org/files")

I also specify the stylesheet here. It would be pretty easy to add
other directories here to your liking (although, mailman directories
didn't seem to work when I did that -- their is probably too much
magic going on for our own good; the rewrite rules seem to be the
way to go for that).

You-know-it-must-be-exam-week-when-I'm-up-this-early-ly yr's,
Brad