[Biopython-dev] buglet in BLASTX parsing

Jeffrey Chang jchang at jeffchang.com
Thu May 8 13:01:14 EDT 2003

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the report.  I have submitted a fix to NCBIStandalone.py.
The fix I used is to check if the line is blank first.  If it is, then
the parser does not attempt to parse the S2 line.

         # not in blastx 2.2.1
         # first we make sure we have additional lines to work with, if
         # not then the file is done and we don't have a final S2
         if not is_blank_line(uhandle.peekline(), allow_spaces=1):
             read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.blast_cutoff, start='S2')

Please wait a few hours for the fix to propogate to the anonymous CVS
server at cvs.biopython.org.  Let me know if there continue to be
problems!

Jeff