[Biopython-dev] "Final" biopython website for your inspection

DIG dig.list at nm.ru
Thu Mar 20 00:31:01 EST 2003

Hi, Brad Chapman !

 On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:44:23PM -0500, Brad Chapman wrote:

[...]
> The site, for your fine inspection, is up at:
>
> http://evostick.agtec.uga.edu/biopython/
[...]

(1) Shouldn't this line (#105)

be like this

?

(3) I have some doubts about DOCTYPE ... This is because w3.org's validator give me only 9 errors, if I specify this page as being HTML-4.01 Transitional [1]. And it gives more than 40 errors, if I use autodetect [2], which gives me XHTML-1.0 Transitional.

  [1] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fevostick.agtec.uga.edu%2Fbiopython%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional

  [2] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fevostick.agtec.uga.edu%2Fbiopython%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28detect+automatically%29

(4) I have also one suggestion. Wouldn't this page look more "finished" if at the end of page there were some kind of indication, that it is the end of page ? I was thinking about standard things, like (C) sign, date of last modification or even $Id$ string. What do you think ?

Besides that, this is very clean and nice design.

Best regards,

--
DIG (Dmitri I GOULIAEV)
26A0 E4D5 AB3F C2D4 0112  66CD 4343 C0AF 63A6 C649