[Biopython-dev] Biopython: question regarding example code

jongud at hi.is jongud at hi.is
Tue Mar 18 09:41:01 EST 2003

Hello

My name is Jón Guðmundsson and I am studying computer science at the
University of Iceland.

I have been looking at biopython and reading the tutorial and cookbook.
There are good examples there about what can be done with it but is there
some sort of white paper or overview of what is currently implemented with
biopython. Like for example overview of all the databases that biopython
can be used to work with.

Also I tried running the examples that come with the distribution but
could not run the pubmed_search.py program. The output was:

[jongud at oracle examples]$ python pubmed_search.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pubmed_search.py", line 6, in ?
    from Bio.Medline import PubMed
ImportError: cannot import name PubMed

I tried changing the import lines in the code to something else that might
work but nothing worked. I was running it on linux machine and the other
examples worked. The distribution of biopython that was set up was 1.10.

 Regards

Jón