[Biopython-dev] Parser

ik3 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de ik3 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jun 24 05:45:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

thanks a lot for the explanation about underscore fighting.

At the moment i want to write a parser for the blast (text) output from
www.arabidopsis.org/Blast.

1. Did anyone know an existing parser for this ? (Would save workingtime :-))
2. Is there a good introduction about biopythons parsing engine ?
I read the sections about parsing in the biopython tutorial/cookbook but
now i want to no more.

The parser is for my little WebToolViewer and this should be under GPL.
Have i problems with using the biopython package ? Because i have seen
that you have a special bio-licence but i didn't want to read a licence
;-). So eventually someone has a short answer.

Greetings
Ingo