[Biopython-dev] making new release

Jeffrey Chang jchang at smi.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 14 20:02:07 EDT 2003

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 09:12  AM, Brad Chapman wrote:
> KDTree and LocusLink are commented out in setup.py (which gives
> import warnings in the test). Is there are a reason for this or
> should we try to get those working as well?

The LocusLink tests were failing before the last release, so I backed
it out before release.  Cayte has made some changes, so we can try it
again.

Distutils was causing some problems compiling KDTree on Solaris.  Has
anyone been following the the development of distutils and know whether
this has been addressed yet?  KDTree will probably be an optional
module until we get a fix or work-around for this issue.

Jeff