[Biopython-dev] Bio.Cluster

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Jun 12 00:44:38 EDT 2003

Dear biopython developers,

I have added Bio.Cluster to the Biopython CVS. Bio.Cluster contains
clustering techniques for gene expression data (hierarchical, k-means,
and SOMs); most routines are written in C with a Python wrapper. This
package also exists separately as Pycluster.

The Python and C source code is in Bio/Cluster; I have also added
Bio.Cluster to setup.py.

In case you want to try this package, there is a manual at
http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/software/cluster/cluster.pdf
(replace "from Pycluster import *" by "from Bio.Cluster import *") and a
sample data set at
http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/software/cluster/demo.txt.
Please let me know if you find any problems with this package.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science