[Biopython-dev] Compiling for MacPython

Yair Benita Y.Benita at pharm.uu.nl
Sat Jan 18 07:51:12 EST 2003

on 17/1/2003 23:35, Jeffrey Chang at jchang at smi.stanford.edu wrote:

>> static char trie__doc__[] =
>> "
>> This module implements a trie data structure.  This allows an O(M)\n\
>>

>> Put a backslash character - \ - at the end of line 605, so it looks
>> like
>>
>> static char trie__doc__[] =
>> "\

OK, that is done and it works fine. My other problem is in the trie.c file:

Error   : illegal implicit conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char *'
trie.c line 95   if(!(new_suffix = strdup(key)))

Error   : illegal implicit conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char *'
trie.c line 156   if(!(new_suffix2 = strdup(suffix+chars_shared)))

Error   : illegal implicit conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char *'
trie.c line 700   if(!(transition->suffix = strdup(KEY)))

Yair