[Biopython-dev] GenBank parser problem

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Thu May 9 10:09:19 EDT 2002

Hi Nobuyuki;

> I am using Biopython module 1.00a4. But there is a GenBank parser
> problem. It might be the change of GenBank file header.

Yup, that is exactly the problem and, as you quite nicely found out,
we've worked out a fix for this.

[...snip...changing to use newer GenBank format versions...]

> AttributeError: 'Martel' module has no attribute 'UntilEol'
>
> I am using Martel 0.5. What can I do next? Could you help me?

There has been a lot of work on both Martel and Biopython since the last
release (we really need to roll a new release, I know), so your best bet
to get everything working is to get a CVS checkout of biopython and work
with that. If you have CVS set up, instructions are at:

http://cvs.biopython.org/

Or you can also use the "download tarball" option of our ViewCVS
interface at:

http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/?cvsroot=biopython

to just get a tarred and gzipped version of CVS.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have more problems, and sorry
about the pain.

Brad

--
PGP public key available from http://pgp.mit.edu/