[Biopython-dev] Why don't we start the documentations as well?

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Mon Jul 1 15:28:40 EDT 2002

[Brad, on documentation]

> Personally, I wouldn't duplicate what HappyDoc gives, as that is a ton
> of pretty boring manual work and very tough to keep up to date by hand.
> But, any other documentation you want to work on is great!

What about manpage-like documentation for every module? That would be useful.
These documents could have standard features like module name, author,
synopsis, general use, usage examples, known bugs & limitations,
implementation comments, related modules etc. That would complement the
HappyDoc docs in a very nice way.

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck      Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
Intitute for Molecular Biology           ULTR Department
Paardenstraat 65   1640 Sint-Gensius-Rode    Belgium
              http://ultr.vub.ac.be/~thomas