[Biopython-dev] GenBank parsing problem

Chunlei Wu reillywu at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 16:53:09 EST 2002

Hi, Brad,
    It works now on my computer. But there is
something I want to point out:
1. The current release of biopython 1.00a4 doesn't
include "Std.py" which needed by this new
genbank_format.py. Then I updated my biopython from
CVS including Martel and updated genbank_format.py to
1.17.
2. The code works fine under python shell and IDLE
environment. But can not work under PythonWin's IDE
which raised exactly the same error msg. I cann't
figure out why. It's really strange and make me
frustrated at first. But when I switched to Python
Shell, it worked fine.

Well,anyway, I think this is maybe the problem of
PythonWin.

Hope this will give people some experience who want to
update genbank_format.py.

Chunlei

http://www.bioinformatics.org/bradstuff/bp/genbank_format-1.17.py