[Biopython-dev] Bioformat module

Jeffrey Chang jchang at smi.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:43:03 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:03:43AM -0500, Brad Chapman wrote:
> Sounds good to me. Idly, do you want Bio.Bioformats or Bio.Formats?

Hmmm...  That would be:
Bio.Bioformats              vs    Bio.Formats
Bio.Bioformats.Format       vs    Bio.Formats.Format
Bio.Bioformats.formats      vs    Bio.Formats.formats

Actually, I would favor a refactoring that would put end-user modules
like IO, Writer, Registry right under Bio.  This would be consistent
with the idea discussed in the last BOSC of having a wider tree to
make it easier for people to find things.

Jeff