[Biopython-dev] bug-request

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Thu Dec 5 10:37:47 EST 2002

> Trying to apply the PDB-Biopython-module with all PDB structures alvailable
> to me, I recognized that the job will sometimes be killed while processing
> a file, especially when processing large PDB files.
> The cause seems to be a lack of memory. Seemingly the problem files are
> read several times (-due to an error within the header reading routine?-->
> I came upon this, because the program is printing the same discontinuations
> several times to the screen.)

Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into this next week, I'm away for a
couple of days.

>     Testparser = PDBParser()
>     self.Struktur =
> Testparser.get_structure('Stru','/usr/local/CAME/PDB/PDBFILES/pdb1htq')
>     Testparser.file.close()

I'm a bit puzzled by this last line....
What is it supposed to be doing?

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck      Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
Intitute for Molecular Biology           ULTR Department
Paardenstraat 65   1640 Sint-Gensius-Rode    Belgium
              http://ultr.vub.ac.be/~thomas