[Biopython-dev] Re: Blast parser

Jeffrey Chang jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU
Thu Sep 27 19:16:15 EDT 2001

Great!  Thanks a lot.  The patch looks good really good.  The only
thing is, can you change the try: except: to an explicit test for the
end of the stream?  That would be more robust to changes in the error
message.

         try:
             read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.blast_cutoff, start='S2')
         except SyntaxError, reason:
             assert str(reason) == "Unexpected end of stream.", \
               "Unexpected reason: '%s'" % reason

(untested)

if uhandle.peekline():
   attempt_read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.blast_cutoff, start='S2')

Jeff