[Biopython-dev] Notification: incoming/41

biopython-bugs at bioperl.org biopython-bugs at bioperl.org
Thu Sep 27 16:12:19 EDT 2001

JitterBug notification

chapmanb moved PR#41 from incoming to trash
Message summary for PR#41
	From: Jeffrey Chang <jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU>
	Subject: Re: [Biopython-dev] Notification: incoming/40
	Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:46:45 -0700
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:46:45 -0700
To: biopython-bugs at bioperl.org, biopython-dev at biopython.org,
       joungjh at aptusgenomics.com
From: Jeffrey Chang <jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU>

At 4:44 PM -0400 8/14/01, biopython-bugs at bioperl.org wrote:
>Full_Name: J. Joung
>I'm using GenBank NCBIDictionary to retrieve a GenBank record. The retrived
>record is missing the following information: LOCUS, DEFINITION, ACCESSION,
>VERSION, and KEYWORDS.

Is this information that's in the Genbank record?  It should be
returning whatever NCBI returns, or raising an exception.  Dropping
information would be odd.  Do you have a reproducible?  What is the
accession you're using?

>Is there a way of obtaining the GenBank id from a known locuslink id in
>biopython?

No, we don't have any locuslink functionality at the moment.

Jeff