[Biopython-dev] MetaTool

Tarjei Mikkelsen tarjei at genome.wi.mit.edu
Sun Sep 9 19:11:16 EDT 2001

>>  Next, I intend to use these classes to implement the missing part
from
>> my KEGG parser - the reaction database. Then I'd like to write a
bridge
>> from the pathway classes to Metatool. Combined with your output
parser
>> this would give us a complete "vertical slice" from database
(KEGG/WIT)
>> through the pathway classes to an analysis program.
>>
>   I may need to retrofit some MetaTool classes to fit your classes.
>  Please share your ideas on what's needed for the MetaTool end of
>  the bridge.

 What I'm envisioning is simply a function/class that converts a system
object into a string or text file that can be used directly as the input
to Metatool.

 I haven't looked at your Metatool module in detail, but unless you
already have a comprehensive method for interfacing with the input side
of Metatool there shouldn't be any need for retrofitting to do this.

 How does that sound?

 Tarjei