[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.00a2 release

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Thu Jun 28 02:29:20 EDT 2001

Jeff:

Looks good with me.

BTW all, I'm going to be visiting EBI before going to BOSC,
starting next Friday.  My plan is to work a lot on biopython -
getting it up to date with some of the other projects, finshing
off and testing Martel (they have a lot more databases at EBI
than I do!), propagandizing Python in the den of Perlers :)
and generally having fun.

I don't plan to do any API changes, so none of it should affect
a 1.0 final release.  But there might be a lot of new code.

> Stuff I'd like, but may not get done:
>    - PDB parser

Not going to happen from me soon.  It's tricky stuff.  On the
other hand, if you just want support for the SEQRES, ATOM, HETATOM,
TER, BOND and MODEL/ENDMDL cards then it's a bit easier.  Still
lots of trickiness (which ATOM formats? 1.x or 2.x?  XPLOR-style?)

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org