[Biopython-dev] Biopython for Windows NT

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Fri Jun 15 21:44:42 EDT 2001

Hi Nissim;

> Thanks for writing back.

No problem, sorry again about the delay.

> You were correct to guess that the text box I'm
> being prompted with is requesting my Python installation.

Whoo hoo! I'm so happy I was not just rambling pointlessly :-)

> I looked at the options you listed and by process of elimination, the
> problem is that I am running Python 2.1.  Should I go ahead and install
> Python 2.0 or should I wait for a biopython versions that relies on 2.1 ?
> Either way is fine with me.

Well, either way is fine with me too -- I just created and uploaded an
installer for Python-2.1. Biopython works just fine with 2.1, but that
version just hadn't been released yet last time we were getting our
biopython release ready, so I hadn't prepared a Windows installer.

So, you can choose either to downgrade to Python-2.0, or just use the
new installer I uploaded. There's more than 1 way to do it :-).

Let us know if you have any other problems with anything!

Brad