[Biopython-dev] Biopython clustalw bug

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sun Feb 25 20:25:51 EST 2001

Hey Dan;
Thanks for the bug report on clustalw. I actually ran into this bug a
month or so ago and fixed it in CVS. Wow, I am so efficient -- good
thing I can see into the future and predict bug reports
:-). Seriously, the fix should be out in the new release (due out this
Wednesday) or you can get the current version from CVS. If you could
make sure this works with your example, that would be super.

I'm really glad you submitted this, because it gave me a reason to go
back in and fix up the clustalw format to be a lot more permissive on
what it allows in titles, and also to support cross-platform line
breaks.

Thanks again for the report.

Brad