[Biopython-dev] Biopython MutableSeq bug

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Mon Feb 19 19:31:02 EST 2001

Hi Dan;
I was just checking on the Biopython Bug listing for new bugs and
noticed yours from a couple of weeks back about the MutableSeq
problem. Sorry for the delay in getting back with you on it.

Amazingly enough, I also noticed this bug on the same day, sent a
message to Andrew, who wrote MutableSeq, and fixed it. We must be
sharing some scary psychic connection to have both noticed it at the
same time :-).

The fix is contained in the latest CVS version of biopython
(instructions to get it are at cvs.biopython.org). The fix is just to
remove the  parenthesis that make the arguments a tuple in the call
to the initializer. The fix will also be in the latest release, which
should be out by the end of this month.

Sorry again for the late response. Thanks for the bug report and
interest in Biopython.

Brad