[Biopython-dev] regression test code

Jeffrey Chang jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 15 14:12:38 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Andrew Dalke wrote:

> How about we plan on merging the two different regression
> test code in biopython to standardize on PyUnit?

I've not used PyUnit before.  However, the reasons we'd want to move is if
it:
1.  has some necessary feature the current framework doesn't support
2.  facilitates having better testing coverage
3.  is integrateable (whether through Python or in our distro)

In general, people don't write regression tests, so we want a framework
that makes it as painless as possible.

Jeff