[Biopython-dev] FilteredReader

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Sun Dec 30 21:39:05 EST 2001

  I added FilteredReader to prefilter text before  passing to Martel.  The
ECell input allows blank lines just about anywhere.  Rather than putting
Alt( blank_line, read_line ) everywhere, I wrote a filter.  To make the
routine general, it contains a variable called filter_chain.  The user can
set it to a list of any low level filters that
have the same signature as the default filters.

 Hopefully, I'm not duplicating Andrews' SimpleRecordFilter?

                                      Cayte