[Biopython-dev] Failed Tests

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Fri Dec 7 20:27:35 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gavin E. Crooks" <gec at compbio.berkeley.edu>
To: <biopython-dev at biopython.org>
Cc: "Cayte" <katel at worldpath.net>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Biopython-dev] Failed Tests

> test_metatool is now giving an even more mysterious error message!?
>
> Gavin

> ERROR: test_metatool
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "run_tests.py", line 136, in runTest
>     __import__(self.test_name)
>   File "./test_metatool.py", line 32, in ?
>     print data
>   File
"/n/teal.berkeley.edu/home/gec/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Bio/MetaToo
l/Record.py", line 119, in __
> str__
>   File
"/n/teal.berkeley.edu/home/gec/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Bio/MetaToo
l/Record.py", line 51, in __str__
>     if( self.matrix != None ):
>   File
"/n/teal.berkeley.edu/home/gec/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Numeric/Use
rArray.py", line 163, in __ne__
>     def __ne__(self,other): return self._rc(not_equal(self.array,other))
> SystemError: Objects/object.c:727: bad argument to internal function
Looks like a possible versioning problem.  My version is 20.1 but it looks
like 20.2 came down the pike in September.

I think you've got a great idea with continuous integration.  It would solve
versioning too. Let me know if I can help even though my system is Windows
for now.  Somehow I'm not enthusiastic about XP so I may go for Linux.

                                                         Cayte