[Biopython-dev] Pathway Module

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Mon Aug 6 02:56:58 EDT 2001

  I found another paper that may be interesting, at least, to keep the ideas
flowing.

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/research/pfmp/publications/biol_chem_2000/Biol_Chem-MS-
revised.html

The approach is based on an entity relationship model.  What I liked about
this approach is that it represents interection on any level of granularity,
without mixing levels.  You can zoom into the level of molecular reactions
or zoom out to the level of pathways.  This is done with two basic elements,
entities and interections that can be combined in a variety of ways,
subclassed, nested, chained and combined to  build  representations in a
flexible way.

  A subclass of entity  also provides evidence objects so you can see if
different techniques converge or assess the certainty of the conclusions
offered.

 IMHO its worth an hour or so to read.

                                    Cayte