[Biopython-dev] next release closer (?)

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Tue Nov 21 00:38:24 EST 2000

Jeff on the error Cayte's getting:
>>    I get an error from test_prosite.  My OS is Win98.
>>
>> test test_prosite crashed -- exceptions.TypeError : an integer is
required

>I don't know.  Andrew?
>
>One thing you can try, is to run:
>python test_prosite.py
>
>and see the full stack dump that's generated.

I would need to see the stack trace.  I cannot reproduce the error using
the current CVS version.

I don't see the string "an integer is required" anywhere in the Prosite
code, nor in the rest of the biopython distribution.  Looking at the
source code for Python, that only arises during a conversion to int.
So I would need to find out which call to int is failing and the text
that it's trying to convert.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org