[Bioperl-microarray] question about bioperl and microarrays

Gavin Sherlock sherlock at genome.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 17 11:45:56 EDT 2005

Hi Pavlos,

I don't believe that BioPerl has any facility for retrieving data
from SMD, and SMD currently doesn't support querying of datasets to
see if there exist data for a particular gene.  We have implemented a
very basic set of Web Services (documented at http://genome-
www5.stanford.edu/help/webServices.shtml), which we will flesh out in
the future, but the easiest way to retrieve data currently from SMD
is from our ftp site, which has data dumps for all published
experiments organized by organism (ftp://smd-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/smd/
organisms/).  You would then have to parse the datafiles to determine
if they had data for your gene(s) of interest,

Cheers,
Gavin

Gavin Sherlock
Dept. of Genetics