[Bioperl-l] new bioperl release please?

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 30 17:20:32 UTC 2019

On January 30, 2019 at 8:01:12 AM, Carnë Draug (carandraug+dev at gmail.com<mailto:carandraug+dev at gmail.com>) wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 22:46, Fields, Christopher J
<cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> On January 29, 2019 at 11:58:48 AM, Carnë Draug (carandraug+dev at gmail.com) wrote:
>>>
>>> When are the dates before the Debian freeze? [...]
>>
>> https://release.debian.org/buster/freeze_policy.html
>>
>> Seems like it's already pass. I thought it was in two weeks time but
>> that's soft freeze. Debian is already in transition freeze so large
>> changes are no longer acceptable.
>>
>> I can still prepare the debian package for unstable.
>
> Ah, well unstable is fine. Maybe we can add a milestone for the next stable?

Being in unstable during the freeze, then it won't migrate to testing
until the release is done.

I know many people use this via Ubuntu and not Debian directly.
Ubuntu is based on testing. Depending on how long the freeze the
takes then it might migrate just on time to go into the next Ubuntu
LTS (20.04). If it takes too long, then the next buntu LTS to have it
will only be 22.04.

Ok, let’s aim to get a release out ASAP

> I could also do this but it would be better to have another dev
> under the umbrella. Let me try adding you under the BIOPERLML
> umbrella, or at least give you co-maint on the modules.

Tried to make the release but it failed to index. Here's the error:

Not indexed because permission missing. Current registered
primary maintainer is BIOPERLML. Hint: you can always find the
legitimate maintainer(s) on PAUSE under "View Permissions".

Can you fix this?

Thank you

Checking on this; PAUSE’s methods for adding co-maint on a primary umbrella account are a little obfuscated.