[Bioperl-l] new bioperl release please?

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 6 18:06:53 UTC 2019

On February 6, 2019 at 8:57:25 AM, Carnë Draug (carandraug+dev at gmail.com<mailto:carandraug+dev at gmail.com>) wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 20:17, Carnë Draug <carandraug+dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 19:39, Fields, Christopher J
> <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On February 5, 2019 at 12:57:06 PM, Carnë Draug (carandraug+dev at gmail.com) wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> I won't be doing a release of BioPerl-Run though. There's a bunch of
> >> other things in the Build.PL that I don't understand. If someone can
> >> make the release that would be better.
> >
> > [...] How pressing is this release? Can
> > it wait a few days?
>
> I guess it depends on who you ask. I'm no longer a user of
> BioPerl-Run so for me it's not important.
>
> However, some of the BioPerl-Run modules have been moved to BioPerl
> and there hasn't been a matching BioPerl-Run release. This may cause
> issues to people trying to install BioPerl-Run.

This is already causing issues to others. Someone already started
upgrading bioperl in Debian and is faced with the issue that it
conflicts with bioperl-run

I’ll push a release out.  It looks like this may be an issue with the Debian package as well, so that would also need?

The package can’t be upgraded because one of its files
(/usr/share/man/man3/Bio::Tools::Run::Analysis.3pm.gz) conflicts with libbio-
perl-run-perl.

Chris