[Bioperl-l] Fate of Bio::Perl newbie module?

Christopher Fields cjfields1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:11:22 UTC 2019

Not a problem Michael.  I also pushed a new Bio::DB::NCBIHelper, which updated a few missing dependencies.

chris

From: Michael Crusoe <michael.crusoe at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 10:05 AM
To: Andreas Tille <andreas at fam-tille.de>
Subject: Re: [Bioperl-l] Fate of Bio::Perl newbie module?

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 7:32 AM Andreas Tille <andreas at fam-tille.de<mailto:andreas at fam-tille.de>> wrote:
Hi Christopher,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 09:11:41PM +0000, Fields, Christopher J wrote:
> Just a quick update: I have pushed a quick release of Bio::DB::SwissProt, Bio::DB::RefSeq, and Bio::Procedural (which contains Bio::Perl) to CPAN.  I'm awaiting CPAN testing for the Bio::Procedural module (this will show up here: http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Bio-Procedural); the others seem to be passing.

Thanks for the update.  I need to admit I personally can not match these
modules to the old bioperl package and what might be missing in the new
what is needed for reverse dependencies.  I've consulted
codesearch.debian.net<http://codesearch.debian.net>.  I have not found any reference to
Bio::Procedural.

Hey Andreas,

The Bio-Procedural distribution includes the "Bio::Perl" module: https://metacpan.org/pod/Bio::Perl

Looks like all the new distributions are live on CPAN, thanks Chris!

https://metacpan.org/author/CJFIELDS?sort=[[3,1]]<https://metacpan.org/author/CJFIELDS?sort=%5b%5b3,1%5d%5d>

--
Michael R. Crusoe