[Bioperl-l] free software to estimate dS and dN in pairwise comparisons

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 11 01:30:52 UTC 2017

I normally would agree, but for anyone working in the commercial domain the licensing is technically and (more importantly) legally ambiguous IMO, and any legal counsel would advise not using the code until that license is clarified one way or another.  This is also the reason Debian won’t release a PAML package it until the language in the README.txt is changed to clarify the license.

Note (in that thread) this has been going on over a year; the intent is obvious that this should be GPL’d.

chris