[Bioperl-l] Travis CI build improvements

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 21 16:19:05 UTC 2017

On 4/21/17, 12:42 AM, "Zakariyya Mughal" <zaki.mughal at gmail.com> wrote:

…
    >     > There is also the new cron option in TravisCI, which might be useful
    >     > here - e.g. set a weekly TravisCI job and use the environment
    >     > variable $TRAVIS_EVENT_TYPE == 'cron' as a flag to trigger
    >     > the full test mode rather than off-line only tests.
    >     >
    >     > https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/cron-jobs/
    >     > https://github.com/travis-ci/beta-features/issues/1
    >     >
    >     > As a downside this could make coverage plots harder to interpret
    >     > as some commits should get higher coverage than others...
    >     >
    >     > Peter
    >
    >     I could give this a try. If the cron builds are only run on a single
    >     branch, then only looking at that single branch should remain consistent
    >     modulo any network outages.
    >
    >     Cheers,
    >     - Zaki Mughal
    >
    > That works for me, and if anything it could help raise a flag with modules relying on remote services that go away (this has been a pretty common issue)

    I have opened an issue with proposed changes that will make this
    possible <https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-live/issues/224>.

    The cron job detects when it is being run as a cron job on a specific
    branch (`network-cron-master`) and then tests the code from the
    bioperl-live `master` branch.

    Cheers,
    - Zaki Mughal

    > chris

 Merged in.  I’ll have a look at the ticket.