[Bioperl-l] Get strand from pos

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 11 17:57:00 UTC 2015

Variant calls are made using a haploid reference genome for comparison and context (‘+’ strand, from 5’ to 3’), so strand is normally not reported as everything is based on the ‘+’ strand.  Offhand I don’t recall any VCF reports where strand is reported, and I’m struggling to think of a reason where this would be necessary.  Maybe epigenmoic modifications on one strand (is that even reported in VCF)?

chris