[Bioperl-l] Google Summer of Code 2015

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 16 19:54:21 UTC 2015

Agree completely (and I could help co-mentor if needed).  But to add, this has been proposed in the past two GSoC with no takers.

I really v1.7 should be the ‘disintegrate the monolith’ series, with no obvious dramatic API changes.  The initial intent was to ditch the alternative dev/stable cycle, but I think for something like this we need a cycle of developer releases.

Might be worth having a Google Hangout or IRC session (#bioperl on freenode) about ideas on this?

chris