[Bioperl-l] Proposal for bioperl-run

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Fri Aug 22 01:49:42 UTC 2014

All,
I'm starting to look at cleaning up bioperl-run so that, e.g., tests
don't bork without a reasonable error message, are skipped
appropriately, etc. As I do this, I'm finding that to fix certain
issues, I need to consider mods to Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase and
friends. Alas, these are in the bioperl-live distro!

Now, grepping for 'WrapperBase' in bioperl-live modules reveals only
two that mention it:

Bio/Tools/Run/WrapperBase/CommandExts.pm
Bio/Tools/Run/StandAloneBlast.pm
Bio/Tools/Run/WrapperBase.pm

My simple proposal is to move these three modules from bioperl-live to
bioperl-run. (Only AlignIO/bl2seq.pm depends on StandAloneBlast, btw).

Thoughts?
MAJ