[Bioperl-l] Wiki details

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 26 18:10:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Brian Osborne <briano at bioteam.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm looking at various module pages in the Wiki and it seems that all
> links are broken. For example, the "<biblio>" parser tag does not work,
> parser functions like #setvar aren't working and because of this the link to
> CPAN is broken, and so on. I'm guessing that some upgrade did not restore
> custom code or install extensions used in the earlier version, and
> Special:Version confirms this, this code is not installed.
>
> If someone would like to contact me privately and give me credentials I
> can take a look at the MediaWiki directory, see if I can fix this.
>
> Brian O.

Hi Brian,

I was aware of issues with the  "<biblio>" plugin, but not all of this.
Most likely this is from the server move at the end of 2012,
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2012/11/server-transition-to-aws/

Assuming someone senior from BioPerl (or Chris Dag?) will vouch
for you, we'd ask you to join the root-l mailing list where OBF server
admin stuff happens. We'll need a preferred username (e.g. briano
or bosborne) and your SSH public key (the new server does not
accept simple username/password logins).

Regards,

Peter
(With his OBF hat on)