[Bioperl-l] bugtracker for Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::BioPerl

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Mon Mar 25 16:23:32 UTC 2013

Carnë Draug writes:
 > [...]
 > So I wrote Pod::Weaver::PluginBundle::BioPerl to be used with
 > Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::BioPerl. Would be nice if someone could
 > give some feedback if it's adequate for the rest of the project.
 >
 > https://github.com/bioperl/dist-zilla-pluginbundle-bioperl/blob/master/lib/Pod/Weaver/PluginBundle/BioPerl.pm

Looks wonderful!

I use a "private" section that I think corresponds to what you call
"internal".  Is there a BioPerl tradition one way or the other?

You might make the SYNOPSIS just a tad less confusing if you point
some meaningful text into the text sections of the GenerateSection
parts, something like "text = Info about mailing lists goes here".  I
scratched my head a bit wondering why "FEEDBACK" had nothing, "Mailing
lists" had an empty attribute and the other two had nonsense text.  It
looks like FEEDBACK is just an empty level 1 header, but
otherwise....

 > To minimize the number of files added to each distro, I also wrote
 > another plugin which the PluginBundle uses. I wrote it today so you're
 > likely to not have it installed yet.
 >
 > https://metacpan.org/module/Pod::Weaver::Section::GenerateSection

I can see that being useful. In the name, did you mean "interpolated"
(which you use further down) where you say "interpreted"?

This is a useful contribution!

g.