[Bioperl-l] blast and length adjustment

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 5 04:25:41 UTC 2013

Dimitar,

If I'm reading this correctly ('i found 2 sequences which hit on totally different RNAs but when i used cd-hit-est they cluster together'), the problem lies not within parsing BLAST output (Bio::SearchIO) but submission of the sequences for BLAST analysis.  That has nothing to do with the code you point out, which is used in parsing BLAST *results*, not the submission of a BLAST analysis.  As Jason implied, the problem more likely is in the latter, not the former.

Unfortunately, w/o a more specific example to work with  (e.g. code, maybe a small test sequence) this won't be very productive; we're a little stuck and will just go in circles surmising the problem w/o actually trying to find out whether this is a bug or not.  I'm leaning towards not at the moment.

chris