[Bioperl-l] modify sequence name

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 01:46:46 UTC 2012

Since this is a bioperl list, I would suggest a more bioperl solution that doesn't require you to do the parsing or splitting, just read the sequences in with Bio::SeqIO and manipulate the id which you get/set with seq->display_id methods.

Did you look at the SeqIO HOWTO on the bioperl website?

Jason