[Bioperl-l] Fwd: error during installation

Du, Peng du at ibio.jp
Sun Jun 17 05:37:03 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Du, Peng <du at ibio.jp>
Date: Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Bioperl-l] error during installation
To: "Fields, Christopher J" <cjfields at illinois.edu>

Thank you, the current code is
use Bio::Root::IO;
use Bio::SearchIO;
use Bio::Seq;
use Bio::SeqIO;
use File::Spec;
use Params::Check;
use Bio::Factory::ApplicationFactoryI;
use Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::Transcript;
use Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry;
use Getopt::Long;
use Bio::SimpleAlign;
use Bio::Tools::dpAlign;
use Bio::Tools::AlignFactory;
use Bio::Ext::Align;
use Bio::Tools::RepeatMasker;
use Bio::LocatableSeq ;
use Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Clustalw;

# some other codes

if($align_method eq "dpAlign"){
               $factory= new Bio::Tools::dpAlign(-match => 3,
                    -mismatch => -1,# change this to avoid the
mismatch to see what is going to happen
                    -gap => 3,
                    -ext => 1,
                    -alg =>
Bio::Tools::dpAlign::DPALIGN_GLOBAL_MILLER_MYERS);#Or, we should use
global
       }
       else {
               $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Clustalw->new();
       }

if($align_method eq "dpAlign"){

$alignment=$factory->pairwise_alignment($seq_one, $seq_two);
                       }
                       else{
                               @two_seqs_array=();
                               @two_seqs_array=($seq_one, $seq_two);
                               $seq_array_ref = \@two_seqs_array;
                               $alignment=$factory->align($seq_array_ref);
                       }

At present, I want to use dpAlign, I don't know I still need bio-ext
to perform dpAlign or I could modify my code to achieve this without
bio-ext package.
Thank you.

--

Peng Du
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University