[Bioperl-l] New to bioperl

Bradyjoel joel.klein at wur.nl
Tue Jan 24 13:38:28 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm somewhat new to the bioinformatics but I need to annotate a newly
sequenced bacterial genome based on some known proteins amino acid sequences
from a neighbouring organism. I've been doing this manually with tblastn and
then search and annotated this in artemis. However I have an entire
directory full of these protein sequences and was wondering if this could be
automated in such way that I have an input nucleotide sequence consisting of
contigs which are automatically translated in frames and then aligned and
annotated with the known protein amino acid sequences. If you could help me
with writing such a script I would be very grateful.

Joel