[Bioperl-l] Split ACE file by AGP scaffolds

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:40:12 UTC 2012

Hi Nathan,

I am not familiar with AGP files, but I do not think that Bioperl can
read them. However, to process the contigs in your ACE file, you can use
Bio::Assembly::IO::ace :
http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-live/Bio/Assembly/IO/ace.html

The synopsis has snippets of code to get you started. Since you want to
read and write contigs individually, you probably want to use these
methods: next_contig, write_header, write_contig, write_footer

What do you plan on doing with Consed? There are alternatives you could
try to vizualize your assembly, e.g. Hawkeye, from the AMOS package.

Best,

Florent