[Bioperl-l] Perl Performance Project?

David Mertens dcmertens.perl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:24:18 UTC 2012

Steffen (and BioPerl and PDL folks) -

This looks interesting, and I suspect that the PDL and BioPerl communities
might be interested in this, so I'm CC'ing them. PDL and BioPerl folks -
take a look! At one point I read about somebody who wrote some git plugins
that don't allow commits to the main branch unless they improve the test
coverage. I suspect that one might be interested in implementing a similar
approach for one's own work, focusing also on benchmarking.

Steffen, a couple of suggestions:

   1. You should include a link to perlformance.net in the docs
   2. you should include a link to the graphs from the main web page

You give a skeleton for writing a plugin, but I'm not quite sure how to set
up my own server to test my plugin. Would I install
Benchmark::Perl::Formance, build and install my own plugin, and then run

david> benchmark-perlformance --plugins=MyPlugin

Is it that simple?

Thanks!

David

--