[Bioperl-l] Fwd: [Utilities-announce] NCBI E-Utilities Update

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:40:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Just FYI, the following was also changed in this week's Entrez
update to EFetch 2.0 (see forwarded email below).

This was breaking some Biopython scripts - depending on how
they passed in the id parameters. It turns out we relied on the
undocumented and now withdrawn form in one of our examples,
so some users had copied this style. Biopython 1.59 will solve
this.

I know BioJava is looking at the more publicised changes to
retmode - I don't know if BioPerl or BioRuby was affected.

Regards,

Peter