[Bioperl-l] help!

Warren W. Kretzschmar wkretzsch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 22:30:37 UTC 2012

Hi Cassandra,
Do make sure you follow steps 6-10 (below) because bioperl is not in your
include path yet.  Without adding bioperl to your include path, bioperl
will only work when you are running programs while in the bioperl-live
dir.  This is because the current dir is usually added to the perl include
list.

   6) see if you have a file named .bash_profile by typing

   ls -l ~/.bash_profile

   7) if so, open that file in your favorite editor. if the file doesn't
exist, just create the file.

   8) put this line in your .bash_profile

            export PERL5LIB=/Users/dave/src/
bioperl-live

   (obviously replacing my path info with wherever you chose to put
bioperl)

   9) save and close your .bash_profile

 10) open a new terminal window so that the change will take effect.

Warren
--
In God we trust, all others bring data. - William Edwards Deming