[Bioperl-l] help!

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 7 21:27:38 UTC 2012

Right, I see.  However, Casandra didn't mention using local::lib, just
using CPAN in general (hence my initial question).

IIRC local::lib, if set up correctly, should take care of the
installation paths for CPAN/cpanm/etc regardless whether it's bioperl or
any other perl module.

Last I checked this didn't seem to be an issue with bioperl; I installed
Bioperl, as well as any prereqs, Bio::DB::Sam/BigWig, Moose,
DBD::SQLite, etc, on our local SGI using local::lib in a common project
space (with perl 5.10.1) w/o a problem.  If there is a problem specific
to BioPerl, we should probably try to fix it and clarify any workarounds
in the meantime.

chris