[Bioperl-l] Proposal of GSoC 2012 >> ACEtoSAM and SAMtoACE

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 02:41:54 UTC 2012

Bioperl has a module to read and write ACE files,
Bio::Assembly::IO::ace. It also has a module to read (but not write) SAM
files, Bio::Assembly::IO::sam. So, it looks like you can already do
SAMtoACE within Bioperl. Implementing ACEtoSAM would involve adding
write support to the Bio::Assembly::sam module. This can be helped by
looking at how Bio::Assembly::IO::ace and Bio::Assembly::tigr implement
write support.
Regards,
Florent